CHEF'S MIDNIGHT SPECIAL - LYCHEE MOJITO

As usual I reached home at 1.00 am  after my shift. I was eager to read my new addition of cook book (Alinea). Wanted to have either Tang or coke to slurp while reading.  So I opened the refrigerator to check what was available, but to my wish there wasn't any, so thought for an alternative.I always fantasized to be a bar tender, the way they play around with liquid and glasses is always interesting. I had mint, sugar, lemon, lychee syrup and soda with me. So planned to make a lychee flavored Mojito without alcohol. Mojito is a classical cocktail from Havana, Cuba made up of white rum, Mint, Sugar, Mint & sparkling water. Amazing drink to serve during hot summers.



INGREDIENTS:-

1. Lychee Squash - 40ml
2. Soda -90ml
3. Lemon wedges - 3 no
4. Mint leaves - 5 no
5. Sugar - 2tsp
6. Ice cubes - 3nos

METHOD:-


1.Collect all the ingredients.( lychee squash, lemon wedges, mint, sugar & Soda)



2. Take a long glass add sugar, lemon wedges and fresh mint.


3. Muddle the ingredients using a muddler or else you can use back of the spoon as well, so that the flavor is infused properly.


4. Add lychee squash to combine all the flavors.


5. Top up with ice & soda or any sparkling water.


4. Stir and enjoy the drink.




- ALL THE PICTURES ARE MY CLICKS

Labels: